The Federal Polytechnic, Kaura Namoda is a Federal Government owned tertiary institution located at Kaura-Namoda, Zamfara State, Nigeria. The Institution was founded in June 1983 by President Shehu Shagari. It presently has over 5,000 students. The polytechnic is the only tertiary educational institution in the town with a population (Kaura Namoda) of about 300,000.
It currently has seven schools which are : School of Business and Management Studies, School of Engineering Technology, School of Environmental Studies, School of General Studies, School of Information and Communication Technology, School of Remedial and Basic Studies, and School of Science and Technology. It provides full-time and part-time courses
Vision statement: A well-motivated result oriented Institution committed to producing qualitative human capital for self-reliance and national development.
Mission statement: To produce skilled graduates for self-reliance and National Development.
OBJECTIVES: The Objectives of the Polytechnic are specified in the Decree establishing the Institution and are as follows:
- To provide full-time or part-time course of instruction and training in:
- Technology, Applied Science, Commerce and Management;
- And in such other fields of approved learning relevant to the needs of the development of Nigeria in the areas of industrial and agricultural production and distribution;
- And for research in the development and adaptation of technology, which from time to time may be
- To arrange conferences, seminars and study groups relevant to the fields of learning specified in paragraph 1.1
- To perform such other functions as in the opinion of the Council may serve as to promote the objectives of the